Height-Adjustable Desks, also called sit-stand desks, are adaptable workstations that can be adjusted in height to adapt to sitting or standing positions.
These types of furniture provide the flexibility to switch between positions throughout the day, promoting better posture and reducing the harmful effects of long sitting.
Adjustable desks offer many benefits, including improved comfort, increased productivity, and reduced strain on the body. These desks create a more active and healthier workspace by allowing users to customize their working position.
Table of contents:
- Benefits of Height-Adjustable Desks
- Standing Desks Reduce the Risk of Weight Gain
- Maintain Blood Pressure And Sugar Level
- Standing Desks Improve Mood and Energy Level
- Height-Adjustable Desks Reduce back pain
- Reduce the risk of heart problems.
- Directions to Use Height-Adjustable Desk as Office Furniture
- Height-Adjustable Desks from Ubalpine
Benefits Of Using Height-Adjustable Desks
According to several types of research, there are many Benefits of Standing Desks. Some of them are given below:
Standing Desks Reduce the Risk of Weight Gain
According to scientists, we can burn 60 to 120 calories while sitting only. On the other hand, standing leads to burn 10 more calories. It might look small to you but in the long term, the count just adds up to thousands of calories.
While exercising is the most effective way to burn calories and lose weight standing while working leads to burning nearly thousands of calories in just a week. We can maintain our weight by just standing in our workspace while working.
Maintain Blood Pressure And Sugar Level
Many studies have shown that blood and sugar level increases more after a meal. It is found in an experiment that if an office worker works while standing for 180 minutes after a meal the blood and sugar level is maintained by 43%.
While on the other hand blood and sugar levels of employees who use to work while sitting after a meal were boosted by 11%. It can also cause diabetes in the future.
Standing Desks Improve Mood and Energy Level
In a study, analysts found that working while standing reduces stress. Many employees who use adjustable desks at Office Furniture reported good and energetic behavior throughout the whole day. Improvements in mood lead to fewer mistakes during work and increase productivity.
Therefore, it directly affects mental health and reduces the risk of anxiety and depression.
Height-Adjustable Desks Reduce back pain
The most common complaint by office workers who sits all day is back pain. Studies have shown that there is a large reduction in back pain complaints when people use adjustable desks. Adjustable desks reduce back pain and neck pain by 80%. Oppositely when the adjustable desks were removed the results also reversed within 2 weeks.
Reduce the Risk of Heart Problems
Standing while working at a Height-Adjustable Desk enables more movement and engages different muscles compared to sitting. This increased activity can help improve blood circulation and prevent the negative effects of a sedentary lifestyle. Standing also encourages better posture and reduces the strain on the back and neck, which can contribute to overall cardiovascular health.
Directions to Use Height-Adjustable Desk as Office Furniture
- Sitting for a long time leads to back and neck pain. Similarly standing for a long time leads to muscle problems. So, we should use sitting and standing positions of the desk alternatively between 60 to 90 minutes for the best results
- For more comfort adjust the height of your desk and screen in the correct manner. The distance between the face and the screen should between 50 to 70 cm. The screen top must be eye leveled.
- You should buy a bubble mat in order to increase your comfort level while standing. studies have shown that people who use bubble mats used to work more hours in standing positions compared to people who don’t have bubble mats.
- In order to reduce strain on your wrists you should change the position of your mouse and keyboards while sitting and standing. You should also keep the mouse and keyboard at the same level.
- Take the support of your arm to reduce wrist strain.
- Take quick breaks and small intervals between changing your position. It will give a break to your brain and your eyes.
Height-Adjustable Desks from Ubalpine
The use of adjustable desks in a company provides ergonomic support, enhances employee comfort and satisfaction, reduces the risk of health issues, accommodates diverse workforce needs, and ensures compliance with occupational health and safety regulations. This ultimately contributes to improved productivity and a positive work environment.
We at Ubalpine are well aware of how important it is to maintain the comfortability and health of employees while being at work to make them deliver good performance for the company. Feel free to contact us today to find out more about our Height-Adjustable Desks.